May 13, 2013

How I discovered Kpop #G-Dragon

by Ali




Let's move back at the beginning of the year 2010. In this epoch my personal situation was catastrophic enough and I was having a lot of free time. For me, the best way of evasion was the music and the internet.

Así descubrí el Kpop  #G-Dragon

Retrocedamos a principios del año 2010. Por esa época mi situación personal era bastante catastrófica y disponía de mucho tiempo libre. Y que mejor medio de evasión que la música e Internet.



It was when I discovered G-Dragon. My incursion in the Korean music was recent and certainly I didn't know that he was the leader of an already known band of Kpop: BIGBANG.

I don't remember which was the first contact... The first thing that comes to my mind just now is the musical video of the song "A Boy " it generated in myself alot of curiosity. I wanted to know who was this boy who had begun so young in the musical world.

Fue entonces cuando me tope con G-Dragon. Mi incursión en la música coreana era reciente y por supuesto desconocía que él era el líder de una ya conocida banda de Kpop: BIGBANG.

No recuerdo cual fue el primer contacto... lo primero que viene a mi mente ahora mismo es el vídeo musical de la canción "A Boy" que me generó mucha curiosidad. Deseaba saber quien era ese chico que había empezado tan joven en el mundo musical.


English Subtitle [MV] 소년이여 "A Boy"
Subtítulos Español [Live] 소년이여 "A Boy"

I discovered that he has been working for a long time in the music industry  and had already collaborated with many artists, even before their debut in BIGBANG.

Descubrí que él había estado trabajando durante mucho tiempo en la industria de la música y que ya había colaborado con muchos artistas, incluso antes de su debut en BIGBANG.


Compilation of G-DRAGON Song Featurings Since 1995/2012




During the time G-dragoon worked in his album debut "Heartbreaker", it was issued in Mnet TV a program called GDTV, where he was showing us the process of production of his album. Really I was excited and he was excited too when finaly he took the album in his hands. And it was when I decided that this disc had to be mine.

A passionate like me to the graphic design and packaging couldn't resist this candy, and it also had a very reasonable price in yesasia.com.

Durante el tiempo en que G-Dragon trabajaba en su album debut "Heartbreaker", se emitió en Mnet TV un programa llamado GDTV, donde él mismo nos mostraba el proceso de elaboración de su album. Realmente consiguió que me emocionase al igual que él cuando al fin tuvo entre sus manos el album físico. Y fue cuando decidí que ese disco tenía que ser mio.

Una apasionada como yo del diseño gráfico y el packaging, no podía resistirse a esa golosina. Y que además tenía un precio muy razonable a través de yesasia.com.


picture via: SunsetGlow
Currently, G-Dragon, which some people consider a fashion terrorist, has become a pop icon who doesn't  go unnoticed.
For my part, honestly, there was a time when I felt fascination for him and his music, something that I do not feel at the present. But on my desktop remains the album, a symbol of my personal "heartbreaker" and the overcoming of my bad streak I was going through when I discovered the Kpop.

En la actualidad, G-Dragon, al que algunos consideran un terrorista de la moda, se ha convertido e un icono pop que no pasa desapercibido.
Por mi parte, sinceramente, hubo un tiempo en el que sentí fascinación por él y por su música, algo que ya no siento en la actualidad. Sin embargo sobre mi escritorio permanece su album, un símbolo de mi "heartbreaker" personal y la superación de aquella mala racha por la que pasé cuando descubrí el Kpop.


Spanish text by: Ali @Ali_musicfrom
Translated to english by: Jugadorzero @Jugadorzero
English translation revised by: Maco @musicfromkorea and Ashiya @freak_livion

No comments: